Member Rights and Responsibilities
An important partnership for better health
We want you to get the best possible information and care, so you can take charge of your health. You have the right to:
- Know about our program and services, including our staff and any business relationships we have.
- Know your treatment options and work with your doctor to discuss them.
- Get information that is easy to understand.
- Know who has access to your information.
- Be treated with courtesy and respect.
- Know who is taking care of you and how to request a change.
- Stop participating in our program at any time.
- Tell us your complaints.
- Understand how we respond to and resolve issues.
We're here to support your relationship with your doctor. By using our program and services, your role is to:
- Follow your doctor's instructions.
- Talk to your doctor before changing your treatment plan.
- Give us the information we need to provide the best tools and services.
- Let us and your doctor know if you choose to quit our program.
- Tell us when you're in the hospital.
- Tell us when your medications change.
- Tell us when you get a new doctor.
- Contact your doctor when needed, or call 911 if you have any emergency.
Program participants may have been referred to us by a medical provider or from past claim information, though the above rights and responsibilities apply to all members.